A brand is much more than a logo design, colour palette and a slogan – it’s the first and last impression that you leave with your audience. Graphic design should provoke a reaction, using meaningful and relevant ideas to engage with your audience and leave an impression.
Our comprehensive in-house range of services accommodates virtually all forms of visual communication and branding, from print to the web and email marketing. Clients tell us that our services make things easier for them – that’s the idea – and they tend to rely on us for all of their branding and marketing-related requirements. Why? Because we customise programmes to suit your needs.
You may only need help with one element like a web site, annual report, packaging or campaign that builds on your existing brand identity. We’re more than happy to work on a single project to give you the opportunity to experience the Perrin Roux difference.
Beautiful, unique, versatile logos that tell the story of your brand. Researched, trademark-checked and backed by a branding strategy. And we will revise until you are happy.
WHAT IS A LOGO?
- The primary symbol for your business.
- A sum of the values you stand for.
- The single item you will spend most time and money promoting (it will be on your cards, flyers, brochures, website, invoice and every customer communication).
- The one aspect of your brand that is therefore very costly to get wrong.
- Something that has to be meaningful for decades, since that’s how long it will last.
- Something that should make you proud.
LOGO DESIGN: WHAT IS IT, AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT
A logo is the fingerprint of your company; it is a unique identifier that distinguishes your company from your competitors. Usually a symbol (also called a mark), a logo is complemented by the company name and occasionally a tagline. Alternatively a logo can consist just of the company name, in custom type and sometimes including hidden symbols; this is called a logotype.
A good logo design will make your company visually memorable and will communicate your brand values to your customers and the world at large. However, the purpose of a logo is not to explain exactly what your company does; a logo designer will have to take into account your product, your values, your history, your desired brand persona and much more in designing your logo. Sometimes a logo will be a smart play on words, will have symbols related to your product or industry hidden in the negative space, will be a text only logo or a symbol that tells its own broader story; the possibilities of logo design are virtually endless.
A well designed, intelligent, unique logo can make a big difference in the success of your company or project; and what is more important, your logo will symbolise your business for decades to come. It is the one aspect of your marketing that requires great care and consideration.
HOW TO CHOOSE A LOGO DESIGN COMPANY
In choosing a logo design company there are two types of factors:
- Hygiene factors.
- Understand the exact deliverables for your logo design project.
Make sure they are professionals and you will receive your logo in vector format and not as a raster (any logo should be designed as a vector, which is the most versatile and scalable format).
- Make sure you understand exactly their revisions, copyright and money-back policies.
- If a face-to-face meeting is important to you, check their location.
- Ask questions, such as how long they have been in business, what type of clients they had, etc..
- “Feel” factors.
- Check their portfolio and make sure their design style matches what you want for your logo.
- Talk to them and get a feel for whether they understand you and your business.
- Make sure the communication process is smooth and productive
- Listen to your gut-feel: if a logo designer seems dodgy, they probably are.
ABOUT PERRIN ROUX DESIGN
Perrin Roux Design is an experienced logo design studio based in Apia (check our logo design portfolio) and will conduct one-on-one meeting that will help you articulate your logo design requirements and put together your logo creative brief.
With a solid business experience and understanding of both your marketing and your business needs, Perrin Roux will help you identify a brand strategy that will result not only in an impressive logo, but in a long-term brand effectiveness.
TYPES OF LOGO DESIGN PROJECTS
Perrin Roux can design the following logo design types:
- Small business logo
- Corporate logo
- Product logo
- Event logo
- Project logo
- Trade logo